Monday, May 19, 2008

My Mare Bear









Mid-April 2008 – Maryn came home the other night & was just in heaven going on & on about a cute boy. This is the same boy I had suggested she ‘check out’. We moved to the area in December & began attending homeschool activities in our new area. I was introduced to a mom, Cindee Roberts. She was surprised to meet me since I had more children than she did. I’m sure she was impressed I was so young to have twelve kids. OK, maybe the mutual friend had remembered incorrectly, but I was only at seven kids while Cindee had 11 kids. We talked for a while & she told me about the many groups she was hosting; astronomy, Liberty Girls, creative writing, math games, Knights of Freedom, etc. I quickly signed up the kids for a few classes. She lived very close to our house & is in the same stake. When I dropped off & picked up kids, I noticed a cute boy. I started a conversation with ‘said cute boy’ and mentioned I had a daughter about his age & suggested that they might attend some of the same singles activities together.

Nothing happened until mid-March when I received a phone call from Cindee, asking what my daughter’s name was. I told her & she said her son was looking for a date. Maryn received a call a day or two later. He had been very nervous about asking out such a cute girl and had to practice the phone call a few times with his mom. Both moms are expecting thank yous for the rest of their lives for facilitating this wonderful joint venture.

Maryn comes home at night & talks my ear off for an hour or two. The thing that made my ears perk up was when she began saying the same things I remember saying when I had met my future husband. “He’s just so ‘nice’.” “I just feel soo comfortable around him.” “We were at the park with (the siblings) and a lady started talking to us about how many children we had.” I have enjoyed hearing all her little love stories & how she is overcoming her anxieties of thinking of marriage. Lynn & I talked about 9 months ago how we knew that our time with Maryn at home was nearing the end. I am thankful to Heavenly Father for preparing me for this change. I REALLY didn’t want her to move out with her friends a few months ago, but I am more ok with this new idea of moving out. I know that it will be hard to not have her be MY little girl anymore, but I know she will be a fantastic wife & mother in her own family. (yes, I’m teary as I type this) She is becoming more & more of a great communicator, budgeter, shopper, teacher of children, thinker, etc. I have hoped since she was a little girl that she would find a sweet guy to sweep her off her feet, who would tolerate her blonde moments & not push her around in their relationship. Maryn has always been a people-pleaser & we have tried to teach her to speak up for what she wants & ‘have a preference’! We are so proud of the things that she has learned. I am so grateful for the time we have had together to help her develop into the woman she is. We have spent so many extra hours together over the years that I would NEVER trade. I am so glad I was chosen as her mom! I love her, forever!

No comments: